Pages

Thursday, May 15

*My Spanish Lingo*

Here's my dilemma...My first language is Spanish which I can't write well and speaking English has been an experience in which every day I learn something new.

I've had people laugh at me because I don't pronounce some words with an English accent and instead of correcting me, they
mocked me.  I have been in the states for 20 years and still there are a lot of words I don't know how to pronounce correctly, but I try.  I stopped making excuses for not knowing and when in doubt, I ask others or just give it a twist and say them in my Spanish lingo just like Sofia Vergara.

  
Below I share some of the words that I had issues, still have issues and will keep on saying them in my Spanish lingo.


Words
Sounds Like
Beach
B*tch
Three
Tree
Sheets
Sh*t
Slot
Sl*t
Peach
Pitch
Parfait
Parfay
Threat, Thread, Tread
All sound the same.lol
Motorola
Mororolah
Colorado
Still trying. lol

If English is not your first language and you have encountered a similar situation in which others have mocked you, share how you handled it below.  We all can learn from others, their experiences and how to embrace our language.  I'm Puerto Rican and I'm proud to be a Latina. 

Cheers...and always beautify ur life. 
(Credit 1)