Removing dead cells:
- Massage your lips using a soft toothbrush, you may use toothpaste if you wish.
- Rub your lips with a soft towel.
- Exfoliate using sugar and honey or sugar and olive oil by mixing equal parts into a paste. Apply to lips and leave for a minute or two and then wipe with a damp cloth.
For soft lips:
- Drink lots of water to keep hydrated.
- Exfoliate at least once a week.
- Protect your lips from the heat and cold weather by keeping a lip protector in hand.
What to avoid:
- Don't lick your lips.
- Don't use chapstick since it can dehydrate/dry your lips.
- Don't use fragrance or long wearing lipsticks since might dry your lips.
Aside from using products that can be found in your kitchen, I personally use Skinlogics Lip Apeel from Beauticontrol when handy. The bottom portion is to exfoliate and minimize the appearance of lines and the top potion is the balm which moisturize and soothe.
Let's talk lip remedies, share by commenting below.